Posted April 18, 2017
Deputy Director of Solid Waste
The New Jersey Sports & Exposition Authority (NJSEA) seeks a Civil Engineer for the position of Deputy Director of Solid Waste. Primary responsibilities of this position include:
• Manage activities related to Solid Waste Operations including technical, financial and administrative functions
• Supervise numerous leachate pumping stations and pretreatment systems and solid waste landfills, including hands-on field work
• Provide engineering design and participate in project management and contract administration
• Supervise departmental personnel
Several of the job requirements are:
• BS in Civil Engineering required, along with PE license
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in various aspects of solid waste facilities design and engineering
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and Auto CAD required, along with the ability to use standard office equipment and engineering software
• Must possess a proficient working knowledge of NJDEP regulations
• Experience in the design and operation of pumping stations a plus, along with basic knowledge of structural engineering for review of structural drawings prepared by others
The NJSEA offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Send resume along with salary requirements to NJSEA, One De Korte Park Plaza, P.O. Box 640, Lyndhurst, NJ 07071, attn.: Human Resources; fax to 201-460-1722; or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted March 23, 2017
Senior Engineer (Traffic Signal Systems/ITS)
The New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority (NJSEA) is a state regulatory agency responsible for zoning and planning, as well as the oversight and management of a transportation planning district, within the 32-square mile Hackensack Meadowlands District in northern New Jersey.
Primary duties of the Senior Engineer (Traffic Signal Systems/ITS) include:
• Overseeing the operation and maintenance of all elements of the District’s Meadowlands Adaptive Signal System for Traffic Reduction (MASSTR), inclusive of Internet Protocol (IP) based area-wide communication system, Image Detection System (IDS) and Adaptive Traffic Signal Control (ATSC) system, and managing contractors and vendors
• Providing technical support related to Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) projects.
• Managing and supporting special projects and initiatives of the NJSEA under the Meadowlands Transportation District Transportation Plan (MDTP).
• Performing field inspections and other duties in support of installation and deployment of MASSTR and other ITS projects.
BS Degree in Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field is required, along with 6+ years of experience in traffic signal design and ITS. Knowledge and understanding of traffic engineering principles, HCM, MUTCD, AASHTO and ITE manuals desired. Proficiency in AutoCAD/MicroStation and experience with traffic analysis and simulation (e.g., HCS, Synchro) are a plus, along with GIS applications related to transportation and safety analyses. Certifications in network routing and switching, fiber optic and/or wireless are also a plus. This position requires the ability to climb, traverse rough terrain, lift moderate weight and withstand exposure to inclement weather.
Applicants must be self-motivated and possess strong verbal, written, organizational and analytical skills. Local candidates are strongly preferred.
The NJSEA offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Send resume along with salary requirements to NJSEA, One DeKorte Park Plaza, P.O. Box 640, Lyndhurst, NJ 07071, Attn: Human Resources; fax to 201-460-1722; or send via e-mail to email@example.com.
Posted March 20, 2017
FULL TIME BUILDING SUBCODE OFFICIAL AND/OR PART TIME FIRE SUBCODE OFFICIAL
HACKENSACK MEADOWLANDS DISTRICT
The New Jersey Sports & Exposition Authority (NJSEA) is seeking a full time Building Subcode Plan Examiner and/or a part time Fire Subcode Plan Examiner to assist with the review of applications, plans and specifications for proposed construction within the Meadowlands District. Must possess HHS license and, a valid driver’s license is required. Candidates will also be required to perform field inspections to verify compliance with subcode regulations. The NJSEA offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package for full time employees. Send resume along with salary requirements to NJSEA, One De Korte Park Plaza, P.O. Box 640, Lyndhurst, NJ 07071, attention: Human Resources; fax to 201-460-1722; or send via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.