This policy is necessary to manage the park’s accessibility to all visitors, and the health and safety of all park visitors and staff. This policy also serves to protect the wildlife that inhabits the park, including migratory and nesting birds, and to maintain the cleanliness of the park.
The use of DeKorte Park for weddings is limited to the following:
- Weddings may be held only under the Gazebo located adjacent to the Meadowlands Environment Center. The Gazebo is an octagon shape and measures 19″x19″
- Proper social distancing is required. The maximum number of people permitted in the Gazebo is 12. This number includes the couple to be wed, the officiant(s) and photographers/videographers.
Note: While weddings are permitted in the Gazebo, the space cannot be reserved and is open to the general public at all times.
- Participants are responsible for complying with all park rules and regulations, including social distancing and face covering requirements per Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and State guidelines.
- Weddings may only be held during park hours – 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily.
- Food and beverages are prohibited at weddings.
- Park buildings will not be accessible.
- Signs and decorations of any kind are prohibited.
- There shall be no releasing of balloons or any other object or item.
- Wedding participants may not disturb wildlife, plants or flowers.
- All refuge must be disposed of in trash receptacles.