The NJSEA continues to move forward in its efforts to properly close and cap the Keegan Landfill including grading and contouring of the site so that it will be ready for the installation of the final cover system.
There have been no regulatory exceedences of hydrogen sulfide since February 16, 2020. The gas collection and control system expansion has been installed and is operational as of March 16, 2020. The permanent enclosed blower/flare system and hydrogen sulfide treatment system has been installed and is ready to operate upon receipt of a permit from the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP).
(For recent data from the eight emissions monitoring stations installed around the Keegan Landfill click here)
The NJSEA has met all requirements, deadlines and deliverables of the Administrative Consent Order entered into with the NJDEP in March 2020 regarding the process of closing and capping the Keegan Landfill while eliminating hydrogen sulfide exceedences and any off-site odors in the interim.
Our next deliverable is to submit the closure and post closure plan to the NJDEP on July 7, 2020, which will include the engineering design of the final cover system in accordance with NJDEP regulations and approvals.
– June 17, 2020
- Construction of Landfill Gas Collection & Control System
- Daily Air Monitoring Reports
- Hydrogen Sulfide Fact Sheets & Related Documents
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Responses to Questions Asked at March through June 2019, NJSEA Board Meetings
- Responses to Questions Asked at July 18, 2019, NJSEA Board Meeting
- NJSEA Statement – October 28, 2019
- NJSEA Statement – October 16, 2019
- NJSEA Statement – September 6, 2019
- NJSEA Statement – June 19, 2019
- NJSEA Statement – April 3, 2019
- Administrative Consent Order (ACO) & Progress Reports
- Archived Reports, Documents, & Plans – Posted More Than 60 Days Ago
- e-Mail Address for Keegan Landfill Questions